Much of the community work that local, district, state, and international clubs perform are based in GFWC’s Community Service Programs. These programs are structured to enable GFWC Tellico Village Women’s Club to harness the vast resources of their membership to address emerging needs of their individual communities.
GFWC Community Service Programs focus on the major issues of our time—supporting women’s health, preserving natural resources, promoting literacy and equality, and encouraging volunteer service—and fall into the following department areas:
- Arts and Education
- Home Life
- International Outreach
- Public Issues
Annually, the GFWC Tellico Village Women’s Club President appoints chairpersons for each department area. Individual members then select the program(s) that they would like to participate with for the year. The program chairperson and committee meet to identify their goals for the membership year and select the community service areas that they will target and support.
Current and Past Efforts Include:
- Packing food bags for the Loudon Elementary School “Weekend Food 4 Kids” program
- Tutoring at the Boys and Girls Club, Steekee and Lenoir City Elementary Schools
- Coordinating school supply drives for local area schools
- Judging the Loudon County Service Fair and Loudon High School Senior Projects program
- Assisting the Public Library at Tellico Village in the Library Reading Program
- Providing hands-on assistance at the Good Samaritan Center and coordinating food drives
- Visiting with residents at the Loudon Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation facility
- Coordinating the annual Wartburg, TN holiday “Shoe Box” program for needy children
- Providing specialization training and foster care for Smoky Mountain Service Dogs
- Participating in Habitat for Humanity building projects
- Advocating for the Tellico Village Fire Department for funds and equipment
- Supporting IVAS (Intermediate Vital Assistance Services) as part of the GFWC Signature Program on Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
GFWC Tellico Village supports additional efforts and programs through volunteer hours and monetary donations.